The Fault Expert is a compact cable fault locator system for HV underground cable. The system shows the distance in metres or feet to the fault location, battery voltage, the velocity of propagation setting, the charge voltage, the fault type (open or short), and whether the system is armed for waveform storage. The Fault Expert can be used to perform arc-reflection on cable systems (half-loops, radials etc) for quick power restoration, the fault expert can locate faults up to 3000m.
- Simple push and go operation de-skills the fault finding process.
- No interpretation of complicated waveforms required.
- Arc-Reflection technology with automated readout of fault distance.
- Cycle Thump Mode for pinpointing faults.
- Variable charge voltage (0 to10 kV)
- View waveforms with Fault Expert Software.
- Truly portable (battery powered, weighing only 23kg)
- iup-fw10-fault-wizard/Fault_Wizard_Brochure (download)