Adastra Hire Services shall hereinafter be referred to as the Owner. A Company hiring equipment shall hereinafter be referred to as the Hirer. Items hired shall hereinafter be referred to as the equipment.2. Law
The law of England shall govern the rights and obligations of the parties to this contract, the construction of the same and so far as possible all other matters arising out of or connected with the making, execution and termination of the same.3. Contract Charges
The minimum hire contract period shall be a seven-day week inclusive, unless otherwise agreed. Any period less than seven shall be treated as a complete week for the purposes of invoicing. The charges on each contract shall be at the catalogue rates unless otherwise agreed. Carriage charges in either direction shall be included additionally to the weekly hire rates agreed.4. Contract period
The hire contract period shall commence from the date of the despatch or the date of collection from the Owner’s premises unless otherwise agreed. The period of hiring shall cease on the day the Equipment is collected from the Hirer’s premises or delivered back to the Owner’s premises.5. Hirer’s responsibility
- The Hirer will ensure that the Equipment is checked upon receipt for damage or defects. The Owner shall not be responsible for damage to such goods if not informed within a reasonable time.
- Equipment is kept in a good and sound condition during use and storage.
- Equipment is not subjected to any misuse or unfair wear and tear during use and storage.
- Preserve the Owner’s or Manufacturer’s identification numbers or marks on the Equipment.
- Observe entirely the Owner’s or Manufacturer’s instructions and other regulations that may be issued for the proper use thereof, and will be responsible for any damage caused to the Equipment arising from a failure to observe such instructions or regulations.
- Indemnify the Owner in respect of any loss or damage, however caused, during use and storage of the Equipment. In the event of such loss or damage the Hirer will immediately inform the Owner. A replacement or repair cost will be quoted including any shortfall in income as a result of the loss or damage. The agreed hire charges will continue until the Owner has been reimbursed in full.
- Equipment is suitable for use, with particular attention to hazardous environments and use abroad.
- Arrange adequate insurance to cover the full replacement cost of the Equipment if used in hazardous environments or for use abroad.
- The Hirer shall not, without previous consent of the Owner, use Equipment outside the U.K.
- The Hirer shall not, without previous consent of the Owner, sell or offer for sale, mortgage, pledge, lend or otherwise dispose of or part with possession of the Equipment.
The Hirer will not hold the Owner responsible for any loss, damage, injury, death to persons, or property for whatever reason with regard to use of Equipment hired. The Owner shall not be liable for any consequential expense, liability, loss, claim or proceedings whatsoever caused by, or arising out of the late delivery, unsuitability, failure or repossession of the Equipment and plant or any part thereof or any breakdown or stoppage of same.
All hire rates are correct, but may be subject to change without notice