The BT51 is a stable, accurate, reliable, low resistance ohmmeter equally suited to precision laboratory applications and to applications in the field.
- Commissioning and maintenance of substation equipment, where measurements can be made on such things as busbar joints, switch and circuit breaker contact resistance, fuse resistance, cold lap welded joints
- Recompression Bond testing aircraft frames, including the bonding of electronic dischargers and fuel tanks testing earth bonds in mines
- Rail bond testing, where a rail is used as part of a communication system or for power transmission
- Testing the integrity of lightning conductors
- Electronic equipment, where measurements can be made on such things as resistors, track resistance of printed circuit boards (quality control of plating thickness), resistance of plated-through holes on printed circuit boards, contact resistance of relays, resistance of shunts, thick film circuits, etc.